Today was the first day back working out since Ironman Arizona which was two weeks ago. I had hoped to start working out last week but I came down with a sinus injection. I think the rest was probably good for me.
Now that Ironman is over I plan to get my life back. I want to get back to enjoying my workouts. My plan is to still workout 5-6 days a week but only about an hour a day. I really want to start lifting, kickboxing and running the stadium and trails. One of my goals for 2009 is to run at least one new trail a month.
Before I started training for Ironman I had gotten down to 185lbs. Three IM's later and I am at 207lbs. I always thought that I would drop a ton of weight with the Ironman training, but what I found was in order to sustain my energy, intensity and not feel like I was starving, I just couldn't lose the weight.
So I am know back on a 2000 calories diet made up of 40% carbs (mainly veggies and fruit), 40% protein (chicken and fish) and 20% fats (nuts and oils).
Today John and I spent an hour kickboxing. We started out with some jump rope then spent some time on the heavy bag, hit the focus mitts and then beat the shield. I can't believe how tired I felt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment